Tuesday 11 July 2017

Hounded Steele

Remington Steele
Season 2
Episode 22

This is one of my favorite episodes of the series. I have seen other reviews discussing the ridiculousness of the plot, but even allowing for the plot, it’s still a favorite.

Seeing Mr. Steele call “Walkies” in that high pitched voice gives me the giggles every time I see it.

I had seen this episode when it originally aired in the US, in 1984 and at that time I had never heard of Doctor Who and certainly would have never associated Tom Baker with it. In fact, when I first saw Tom Baker as Doctor Who, I had a feeling I knew him from somewhere, but it was not until my housemate saw this episode that I made the connection between the actor and the two shows.

Having a famous cat burglar (or dog burglar as he calls himself) as a client is an interesting twist, especially since there is a famous burglar as the head of the agency.

Using Mildred as the in for this episode was clever, and while it’s not really believable that she would take on the role, it’s a fun plot.

Another one of the guest stars in this episode has a link to another one of my favorite television shows. The dog groomer is Nita Talbot, who played Marya, the White Russian, in Hogan’s Heroes. It’s fun to see her in a role where it’s easy to decide whether or not you can trust or like the character.

The whole episode is fun to watch, and that’s what I want in most of the television I watch. There is a time to be serious and time for fun and Remington Steele has always been fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment